I am planning to begin our new school year August 3, but I may have to move it to August 10, depending on how much I get done this week.
Here's what's left on my "To Do List"
1. Pick up 8 workbooks that I had spiral bound at Staples.
2. Make copies for Clay's IEW
3. Check science supply kits that I ordered for missing items (things that are not included, but that we will still need) and prepare the 3 science kits. I haven't even begun collecting the items for Biology.
4. Clean schoolroom and school bathroom.
5. Put up Medieval Times wall decor and timeline.
6. Sort history books by time period (Dark Ages and Middle Ages) and by grade level (some are for Julie, some are for Clay, and some are for our family read aloud.)
7. Make a schedule for the school year.
8. Install all three Teaching Textbooks maths, Mississippi History, various computer literacy programs, and Building Thinking skills on three different computers.
9. Make a new preschool activity list for Sam and Leah.
10. Upload Clay's spelling words on his iPod (Excellence in Spelling sold by IEW).
11. Locate various books (in our house) that Leah will need for her Sonlight kindergarten curriculum.
12. Prepare clues for our Back to School Scavenger Hunt.
13. Wrap the little gifts for the scavenger hunt.
This list does not include the 2/3 of the items on my Summer List that I never got to. Where has the time gone this summer???
So, if you are homeschooling and are not quite ready for the new school year either, please join me and don't panic!!