Wednesday, July 1, 2009

San Francisco Day 6

On our last full day in San Francisco, we visited the children's favorite landmarks. The day began with a walk down Lombard Street, the crookedest street in our country. We had previously driven down Lombard Street, but actually walking up and down this crooked street proved to be even more fun!

People actually live on this part of Lombard St. Their "yards" are beautiful! The flowers are so pretty!

The whole family on Lombard St.

Here we all are outside of our big white bus! Jimmy expertly drove us all around San Francisco and the surrounding mountains.

Next on our agenda was running across the Golden Gate Bridge. One trip across the bridge and back is a little over 3 miles. Olivia was resting her hip, and Russ wanted to take pictures, so they stayed behind with Leah and Sam while the rest of us ran.

Run Clay Run!

Clay, Julie, and Jimmy

Olivia, Megan, Julie, Jimmy, Clay, and Me

Megan and Me

Back to Muir Beach was our next destination! The children just love climbing on those rocks!

Leah's name written on a rock, with a rock. I think that Uncle Russ wrote this!

Following the trail

Leah, Russ, and Sam

Olivia climbing a rock

Sam and Clay in action

Olivia, Julie, and Jimmy---waaaayyyy up high!!

Fearless Sam!

Great ocean view

They sure are brave!

Julie looking for the perfect rock


Clay's rock--Clay is a rock hound, so he really enjoyed collecting rocks in San Francisco!

This area is just so pretty!

Olivia hiked all over the place.

After we left Muir Beach, we headed back to downtown San Francisco. This day was Russ and Megan's 4th wedding anniversary, so we dropped them off to have a dinner and some time alone. Our family went to Chinatown.

Some kind man took our family's picture.

walking the streets of downtown San Francisco

We picked up Russ and Megan a couple of hours later, and we spent the rest of the night washing clothes and packing up for our return home. Friday morning we left in plenty of time for the airport! We did not want to be running for our plane again. We were so prompt, that we had to wait for 2 hours at the airport after checking in and wading through security before we could board the plane. The flight lasted about 4 hours, and this time, thankfully, Sam slept some of the time!
We safely arrived home around 8 PM. It was good to be home!


  1. What a fun trip you guys had, Roan!
    All of your pics are so good!!

    Those hydrangeas are sooo beautiful. I really need to plant some here to enjoy!

    Have a wonderful day!

  2. What great pictures! Looks like you had a great trip! I LOVE San Francisco!

    ~ Jennifer

  3. Roan,

    Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!! I really enjoyed all the pictures!! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip and built lots of great memories!! God bless!!