Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday's Ramblings


Bible Study
I haven't shared in a while about what I am doing for my daily Bible study.  If you remember, I began the B90 (reading through the entire Bible in 90 days) in late January.  That was after attempting to follow a plan of reading through the Old Testament in one year and through the New Testament four times in that same year.  That plan was not working for me because I did not not like reading in both the Old and New Testaments at the same time.....I thought I would prefer to just read it straight through.    So I began the B90.  I read through Ezekiel, and then I just stopped.  I am not sure why.....I have done the B90 three times previously, but this time it was a struggle.  

So I went back to copying Scripture.  Jimmy bought me a pretty pink leather journal just for this purpose.  For no particular reason I began my copying with Colossians.  I am using Frixion pens.  They write smoothly, come in a variety of colors, and most importantly, they are erasable.  That is important when copying the Bible!  I ordered mine from Amazon.  On most days I copy half a chapter or more, usually whatever is the equivalent to one page in my journal.  When I finish copying a chapter, I outline that chapter (in my journal--I copy only on one side of the pages and I use the other side for the outlines and any notes or thoughts I want to record).  Some days I only copy, and other days I write some extra notes about certain verses.  I have also started choosing one verse from each day's reading/copying and writing it at the top of my to-do list for that day.

So far I have copied the following books:
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
almost through with 1 Timothy

Each day I read or reread the chapter that I am copying before I begin my copying.  Then I read the chapter again from my copybook, checking for mistakes.  I am really enjoying this method of Bible study right now.  I want to do the B90 again, but I am not sure when.

My Homemaking Binder
I am still working on it.  I do not have a final product!  I have read all of the links that you readers have shared with me (I got several ideas from my FB post and personal friends too).  What I need is a huge block of time to just sit down and "get it done", but we all know that huge blocks of time to do anything are few and far between.  I have decided that I will have a page called a Daily Docket. I got the idea for this page from a book I have called Organized Simplicity. I have created a form for this on my computer, and I am so proud that I figured out how to make little blocks with text inside!  This Daily Docket page includes these categories (inside cute little blocks):

  • Today's Top Three (the most important things I have to do that day)
  • Inspiration (where I record a Bible verse)
  • What's For Supper
  • Running Plan for the Day
  • Places to Be Today
  • Today's To-Do List (the rest of the day)
  • Today's General Plan (I list key times of day and what I need to be doing)
Yesterday when I was at Staples (one of my FAVORITE stores!) I saw a whole line of planning binders, pages, etc.  The brand was Arc Customizable Leather Notebook System, and it looked fabulous!  I looked at it for a long time, but I did not buy anything.  I think I will continue with my original plans, but the Arc system sure does look tempting!

Running
Due to my root canal saga, I have run only one time this week.  Last night we joined other runners in Corinth for the first night of the Team Corinth Summer Series.  They are meeting weekly to run/walk/jog for an hour or so, and then end at the Pizza Grocery for supper!  Fun!  I ran with Koach, and we ran a mile to a place called Warrior Circle where he has marked off 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 1 mile.  He was planning on running a few 800s (800 meters--1/2 mile--also called Yasso 800s, after Bart Yasso).  I have never done Yasso 800s, but I had planned to do some of these workouts this summer as I try to bring down my half-marathon pace.  I asked Koach if I could run them with him, and he was delighted to have me join him.  It was nice not to have to look at my watch to keep myself on pace.  Koach was an excellent pacer--I just ran beside him, and we met our goal of running each one under 4 minutes!  Wow!  I did not know I could do that!  We did a total of 3 Yasso 800s, and then we ran back to the Pizza Grocery.  So the run was 4 miles in all.  I plan to run tomorrow, so for this week I'll have two days total.  Some weeks are just like that!

I think that is all the rambling for now.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your Daily Docket idea. Will you be writing in the boxes or actually typing in them each day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about your binder. I have looked at lots of printables and finally decided to just make my own that fit our family.It's the daily to-do list that I need the most to keep me from having so many post-its!...I am considering reading the Bible in 90 days for the first time while I am resting and recovering after my surgery in August. Praying about it!

    ReplyDelete