Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday

Here's the boring update on life.....Jimmy and I took Olivia for a college visit, Thursday-Saturday.  I spent the rest of yesterday afternoon picking up my other children while Jimmy ran 24 miles.  My dear, dear friends Heather and Lynn kept my children for three nights while we were gone.  Julie stayed with Heather, and the rest stayed with Lynn and Uncle Kelly.  All of the children had a super fun time and were exhausted when they got home.  Everyone in our house was asleep before 9:30 last night.  Olivia actually collapsed on her bed shortly after we arrived home, around 4:00 PM.  She did not wake up until 8:00 this morning!  Staying in the dorm wore her out!

Today was spent attending worship services, teaching Bible class, attending our monthly Ladies' Bible class, buying groceries, unpacking, doing laundry, and tidying up my house.  Actually, I am still not done.  I was posting my run from this morning on Daily Mile, and just decided to do a little blog update before I get back to cleaning my kitchen.

For the second week in a row, I went to the grocery store to buy a week's worth of groceries using a list that I made a few minutes before shopping.  I made it at the restaurant at lunch, and then Jimmy and the kids shopped at Sam's while I went to Kroger.  I probably won't be posting my weekly menu tomorrow, and I will not be trying any new recipes this week.  I plan to be back to careful menu planning and list making next weekend!

I was unable to get my long run in for the week since we were out of town, so I will be doing it tomorrow--22 miles.  The longest long run before the marathon.  My week's total miles will be 49.  I hope I survive!  Jimmy just finished a 70 mile week!  Yes!  We are both crazy.

Well, that's it--oh, one more thing.  Jimmy and I made friends with another couple who had their daughter visiting the college too.  We all four became fast friends, and I found out that my new friend was a runner.  And not just any crazy marathon runner...she is an ultra runner!  She had just completed a 60 mile race last Saturday.  HMMMM........an ultra?  Lynn?  Heather?  Esther?  Leanna?  Anybody interested in training for an ultra??

No comments:

Post a Comment