Friday, October 26, 2012

Resuming My Marathon Training

I walked 1.8 miles this morning and it took me 30 minutes.  It was wonderful to be outside enjoying God's beautiful creation.  Our yard looks so pretty with the leaves in their various fall colors.  Getting outside and walking proved to be the exact therapy that I needed!  I think the exercise actually increased my energy.  My plan is to walk 5-6 days a week for the next 2 weeks and build up to walking for one hour.  That sounds like a lame marathon training plan, but it will have to do for now!

Today I planned to be somewhat productive.  I did a Bible lesson with the children, helped Olivia with her English Comp. assignments and did a Algebra 2 lesson with Julie.  I also did a little bit of light laundry.  All of that plus eating lunch took me till 1:00.  Now I am resting for an hour and a half, and then I hope to run one errand and hopefully do a math lesson with Clay.  Baby steps.  Monday, I plan to do about 50% of my normal school work with the children, and hopefully work into a full school day by Thursday.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me cards, blog comments, texts, and FB messages.  Also thank you for the delicious food and most of all for your prayers.  I am almost over this bump in my road, and I cannot wait to be far, far away from it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear you are recovering well! Being outside always invigorates me. :)

    ReplyDelete