First of all: Why do I even run?
- My whole family (except for 4yo Sam) runs, and I don't want to be left out.
- As we get older our metabolism slows down, and if we want to maintain our weight, we must either eat less calories, burn more calories, or do both. Running allows me to continue to enjoy one Coke a day, one glass of chocolate milk each night, and a reasonable amount of a variety of food each day.
- Running has proven to be both great therapy and a super stress reliever. Each week when I do a long run with a close friend or two, we work out all sorts of problems....discussing them while we run. Also running alone is the best thing I can do to relieve stress.
Now, my current running goals:
- Run 30 miles a week.
- Run a half-marathon in under 2 hours. This will require a pace of 9:08. I really, really want to meet this goal on October 30th.
- Run a 5K in under 25 minutes. This goal is probably impossible, but I still have it anyway. This will require a pace of 8:02. I can run at this pace for 2 miles or so, but not the entire 3.1 miles.
- Run a 10K in under 55 minutes. This goal is a maybe, and it will require a pace of 8:51. I will not run a 10K until May, so maybe by then I can achieve this goal.
So, there are the goals, on paper for everyone to see! I'll let you know how I do.