Friday, October 22, 2010

In My Kitchen

We are done with school for the day, and right now begins our Fall Break! One week off from school, and Jimmy has the week off from work too! Everyone but me (and Leah and Sam) is running the Race For the Cure 5K tomorrow morning. I am watching and cheering everyone on. I decided not to run this race....I met my 5K goal last Saturday, and I have been tired and sore all week. I have a half-marathon one week from tomorrow, and I want to make sure I am rested and ready for that.

Leah and I are in the kitchen--my computer is right here on the counter beside my stove--and we are just cooking and cooking. I really love to be in my kitchen, and it is even more enjoyable when I have a helper. We just finished preparing spaghetti for our supper, and now we are in the middle of making rice krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and chocolate cookies (don't be too impressed, the cookies are all from mixes, and we are just adding butter and eggs). These are all desserts that Leah can make almost alone. We are stocking up on the sweet stuff to serve our company for tonight (2 friends of the girls), our company tomorrow afternoon (4 friends--2 for the boys, 2 for the girls), and our Spartan End-Of-Season party tomorrow afternoon. I will have to hide the desserts to take to the party so that they won't get eaten! The last dish we are making is hot chicken dip to be eaten with our lunch tomorrow. Yummy!

I am looking forward to a fun week with our whole family ending with a super fun half-marathon. Jimmy and I have some friends running this race too, and I am sure that we will have a great time together!

2 comments:

  1. so great that ya'll can all take off together! I'm jealous of that fall break ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roan, if you have a chance could you email me? I have a question about scheduling the homeschool day. marcusandwhitney@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete