Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Fun

When I stopped participating in homeschool co-ops last year, I promised the children that I would try my best to provide them with one social opportunity each week. Once a month we have homeschool bowling, and every other month we have homeschool skating. Beyond those two activities, I have to get creative.

Today I invited two mothers and their 9 children (who are Leah's and Sam's ages) over for a little Valentine's fun. Olivia graciously set up a crafting table for them complete with glue, markers, scissors, and a variety of pretty, colorful paper, heart cut outs, feathers, and foam stickers. The children created Valentine's cards for each other and their family members while the mothers and I enjoyed conversation! Olivia, Julie, and Clay all helped me set up the snacks, and Clay vacuumed after everyone left. They were so sweet to help make the afternoon fun for Leah and Sam.

Sam did not get a nap today before our guests arrived, so when I sat down to drink a cup of coffee and chat with my friends, he climbed in lap and promptly fell asleep.......so since I was holding him the entire time, I don't have any pictures!

It really was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a lot of fun!
    And how sweet of your children to help with everything.

    ReplyDelete