Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Good Day

Today was a good day.

We began our morning leisurely. Jimmy, Sam, and I sat in bed drinking coffee (Sam had chocolate milk) and visiting while I caught up on emails and blogs on my laptop, and Sam watched Curious George. Soon we were joined by Clay and then Leah. Olivia and Julie had spent the night with a friend.

Next, Jimmy and the children began running errands and working outside. It was a beautiful day--warm and sunny! I cleaned the basement for about 2 hours, and then I picked up Olivia and Julie. We all ate lunch, and then Jimmy went back outside to work while I worked another two hours doing housework. Later in the afternoon I drew with sidewalk chalk on our driveway with Leah, and then Julie, Leah, and I took a walk in our woods. We are trying to mark a new path to expand our running trails.

When Sam woke up from his nap, he found me in the woods. He was so proud to show me all of the "work" he was doing out there. He built a pretend fire and a little log bridge going over a small ditch. I watched him run back and forth across the skinny little bridge (that is very high) going across our creek. I am so afraid that he is going to fall in one day! This is the same creek that Clay broke his arm on when he was four----jumping across! Leah was just 4 days old when this happened. Thankfully, Jimmy was available to take him to the hospital! I digress!

I gave our dog Lilly her second bath for the day--Olivia had bathed both of our inside dogs earlier, but Lilly got out when we were in the woods (still wet), and of course she rolled all around in the dirt and leaves. She probably got in the creek too! So I bathed her again. Then I cooked supper.

We enjoyed a meal of grilled chicken, ranch potatoes, cantaloupe, and salad. Julie and Leah helped me prepare supper. Leah tore the lettuce, and Julie peeled the potatoes, cut up and peeled the cantaloupe, and cut up the other vegetables for the salad. They were such good helpers.

Throughout the day I played Scrabble with various friends on my phone. I really enjoy that game! I have really increased my vocabulary!

After supper we watched the Olympics for a little while and then we got ready for bed. I had some really dirty children today---you know they have had fun playing when they are filthy! Everyone had their baths and washed their hair, and I put sweet smelling children to bed.

It was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful day! What great memories you are creating with your kids!

    Marilyn...in Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!

    My big kids got home from their retreat today with LOTS of filthy, muddy clothes for me to wash!

    Right there with ya on the dirty kids...they sure DID have fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete