Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gratitude

Saturday I had to go out of town unexpectedly. Jimmy had to work, so his sweet sister, Jenny, agreed to come over and stay with my children. She brought her 6yo little girl and two boxes of donuts, and she stayed here at my house with my five children, her little girl, and two more of my brother's children. 8 children. At a day's notice! I was so very thankful! She fed them all the yummy breakfast she brought and lunch too. She also washed, dried, and folded three loads of laundry! She took the trash out and dragged our two huge garbage cans from the highway back to our house (not a short driveway....running up and down it 3 times = 1 mile!). She changed the sheets on Sam's bed (he had wet the bed during the night), and made up the other children's beds too. The children were all playing happily when I got home, and to see that clean, folded laundry.....it made my day!

Thank you so much Jenny!!

7 comments:

  1. I was very thankful too!! Causey & Bounds had a GREAT time! Causey always loves getting to play with Clay. Would you please email me Jenny's address--I want to send her a small thank you. My email is RMMSimmons@comcast.net
    Thanks again for letting my kids stay at your house, and a huge thank you to Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well, Roan! I don't know how folks without family and friends make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for family! I am glad that it worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also meant to say that I linked your blog from mine-I hope that is okay!

    Thank you again for letting me come over. I really enjoyed meeting you and your sweet children :) My friend, Rebecca, is looking over the KONOS book you lent me and is also very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete