Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Hint #4

Or is it #5?  I'm not sure!

Batteries:  Make a list of batteries you will need.  I try to keep a list in my purse or in my Christmas binder and add to it as I purchase gifts that require batteries.  I like to give batteries with the gifts that need them.  When my kids were younger, I actually took the gifts out of the never ending binding, inserted the batteries, and then repackaged the gift.  I don't have many gifts this year that require batteries, but I definitely want to buy the batteries that I need.  When the list is complete--buy the batteries!  I usually get mine at Sam's.

Today I am having two friends and their children over for a gingerbread house decorating session!  I had the bright idea of making homemade gingerbread houses, and 5-6 hours later I have 72 pieces of gingerbread cut to perfection (ha!) and ready to be glued together to make gingerbread houses.  I have all the supplies needed to decorate the houses.  Julie and I plan to glue them together later this morning with royal icing and then set up a cute area for decorating.  My friends are bringing lunch, and we hope to have a fun morning.  I'l be sure to take pictures and post later.

I am about to run my last 3 miles of marathon training!  And then I can rest (from running) until Saturday.  The weather forecast is improving slightly, but I still plan to wear multiple layers of clothing.

Olivia made it safely back to college.  She almost missed her plane due to a traffic jam (a wreck), but thankfully her plane was delayed by 45 minutes, and she made it to the airport in time.  It was a stressful 30 minutes or so as Jimmy and I were calling each other back and forth, checking the flight status online, etc.  She was back at her dorm by about 8:00 last night.  She'll be home again in 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment