Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Being Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for, both during this season and every single day.

Olivia is home for the holidays!  I picked her up last night from the airport (which was a traffic adventure!)  Her plane had been delayed until a 5:15 landing, and it never crossed my mind that at 5:00 in Birmingham there would be bumper to bumper traffic.  When I finally arrived at the airport, the traffic was just as bad.  I have never seen so many cars at the airport--I guess everyone else had a loved one coming home for Thanksgiving too!  I finally got Olivia and was able to say a quick hi to some of Jimmy's relatives that were at the airport waiting with Olivia before we maneuvered our way out of the airport and onto the road headed home.

We were welcomed by four excited children and one super happy Daddy!  Olivia was elated to see all of the Christmas decorations and our beautiful (and very large--it didn't look that large at the nursery!) Christmas tree!  The kids and I bought the tree Monday, but we waited to decorate it until Olivia was home.  Jimmy and the children put the lights on the tree last night while they were waiting for Olivia and me to get home, and after a bowl of hot taco soup, Olivia was ready to help us trim the tree!

Julie had prepared homemade caramel corn, and she made hot chocolate and hot apple cider to go with it.  We played Christmas music in the background, and decorated away!  The tree is just beautiful.  I don't think we have room for another ornament, and every ornament has a story.  I love hearing the children say…."I remember when we got this ornament…..Who made this one?…..Oh, this is so pretty!…" And they tell the same stories about some of the ornaments each year.  And they laugh and tease one another, and I am so thankful to have all five of my children together.  We took a few pictures, but really pictures can't capture the loveliness of the evening.

I am thankful to have a loving husband and sweet children.
I am thankful for my good health.
I am thankful that my husband has a job, and that I am able to work full time as a homemaker.
Most of all I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus.

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."
Hebrews 13:15

2 comments:

  1. Our house will be full again tonight and I can't wait!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Roan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with Olivia! :) I am thankful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete