- Our Vacation Bible School is this week. Fun! Fun! But lots of hard work and preparation. Olivia recently told me that VBS was the highlight of her summer when she was younger! That makes it all worth it. Our theme is the Fruit of the Spirit, and I am helping Leanna teach the 1st and 2nd grade class.
- I am in the middle of canning about 25-28 pints of salsa. My neighbor brought me a box of tomatoes yesterday, and she said that they needed to be canned either yesterday or today. I canned 60+ pints of salsa last summer, but not all at one time! This quantity has about overwhelmed me. I had to run to Walmart to buy another canner, a huge stock pot to simmer the salsa in, and a "bulk storage" bucket to mix it all in.
- I got a new food processor yesterday--just in time to chop all of those cups and cups and cups of tomatoes, onions, and peppers. My old food food processor finally broke last week. The motor was just fine, but the handle on the bowl broke into several tiny pieces. It has been about to fall apart for some time now.
- I am almost ready for our upcoming school year, as far as planning is concerned. However, I lack a schedule (very necessary for me to see on paper how I am going to spread myself around next year), and a clean schoolroom. I had the schoolroom repainted, and I need to decide how I want to arrange the furniture in there tomorrow when the paint is dry. I have already cleaned out all of the cabinets and closets.
- I still have some beautiful pictures of Julie's 16th birthday party. One day I am going to find some time to sit down and blog!
I hope your week is going well!