Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Haircuts

Yesterday we had a much needed official day off from school.  And our entire family got haircuts, all seven of us!  Jimmy took the boys to the barber shop, and I took the girls to the beauty shop.  Everyone looks great!  The girls all got about one centimeter trimmed (that's all they ever want), and I got a somewhat different style--a little bit off the length and lots of layers.  I was so overdue a haircut!  My friend Kathy who lives three hours away asked me to put a picture up on my blog so she could see it.  I will try to do that at some point.

I also visited a friend with a new baby (I loved that I smelled like a baby for most of the day after holding him!), got the oil changed in my van, and bought some fabric to make a new apron.  The weather was beautiful here yesterday, and Jimmy took Clay and Leah for a run at the park.  Leah is training for her very first 10K--the Coke 10K in May.  She is following the plan that Coke Commit to Be Fit has published on Facebook.  This week's assignment is to run/walk for 20 minutes, three times this week.  She is doing great!  I plan to run this race with her.

Today is back to school and a meeting for Sam's homeschool kindergarten graduation!  I cannot believe that my youngest child will be finishing kindergarten this year.  Next year I will have a 12th grader and and 1st grader---so I will be finishing up my homeschool days with one, and really just beginning with another.  I wonder if I can do this for twelve more years?  Of course I can!  There isn't anything else I would rather be doing!  :)

I haven't exercised for a week now!  Since finishing Insanity I have taken a break to let my body rest and recover.  I am planning on starting back running in a couple of days.

On another note, I have had a stressful situation to deal with over the last two weeks.  My husband, children, family, church family, and dear friends have been overwhelmingly supportive and loving.  I will probably blog about the whole ordeal.....I just need to get my thoughts together.  So to my readers who know me in real life:  THANK YOU!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The Johnson's had a busy, busy & productive day! I've been thinking about you a lot lately! So thankful for your blog to keep up to date on the Johnson life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an inspiration! Wish I knew you in real life. Wait- isn't this real life? It feels like real life : ).

    ReplyDelete