I am seeing light at the end of the Insanity tunnel. There are only two workouts left that I have never done, and I will do both of them this week. The rest of the 19 days are repeats of various Level 2 workouts.
Here are a few highlights:
- I have not lost a single pound! In fact, I have gained 4! I am hoping that it is muscle!
- I did not take my "before" picture.
- I did not take any body measurements before I began, but I DID take them on Day 21. I plan to take the same measurements on Day 63. I am hoping for improvement.
- I am loosely following the Insanity eating plan. The plan recommends that you eat five times a day, beginning with 300 calories at each meal. When you enter Level 2 (week 5), you can increase each meal to 400 or 500 calories. I am trying to eat 5 times a day (really not a problem!), but sticking to 1500 calories a day is tough. Some days I do, and some days I eat over 2000! Maybe that's why I have not lost weight!
- I am much stronger than when I began. I can do 16 push-ups without a break (boy push-ups!). I can keep up with the people on the video throughout the entire warm-up and usually through the first and sometimes second round of each circuit. I improve each time I do a workout.
- I have never sweat so much in my entire life!
- Jimmy bought me a heart rate monitor. I love seeing my heart rate and the amount of calories I am burning.
- I am much more flexible than when I began.
- I have really enjoyed this exercise program. Shaun T. is very encouraging.
- I am comforted by the people in the video collapsing on the ground at the end of the workouts (like me!).
I do miss running a little bit. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do when the 63 days of Insanity are complete. I will definitely get back to running, but I don't want to lose all of the strength I have gained.
I am so glad that I chose to tackle Insanity again.