Thursday, June 30, 2011

School Is Out!

We finally finished the 2010-2011 school year last Thursday!  Hooray!  Everyone was promoted to the next grade!  For the next 2 years, I will have five official students in my homeschool.  It will take most of our five week break for me to prepare for our upcoming school year.  I plan to blog throughout the planning/preparing process in hopes of helping someone else along the way.  I have a couple of new ideas that I plan to implement--things that I have learned by reading other people's blogs.  I love how we can all share ideas via the internet!

I had previously planned to begin reading through the Bible again in 90 days beginning July 1.  However, the next B90 Challenge hosted by Mom's Toolbox is running from July 11-Oct. 8, so I am planning to begin July 11th.  This schedule will actually work better for me since July 1st is tomorrow!  And I am not ready for this challenge yet!


I have not done an Insanity workout in over a week!  I experimented with doing the workouts with no jumping (as in no moves with both feet off the floor at the same time), and my knees almost immediately got better.  My knees had really been giving me trouble--hurting pretty badly every time I went up or down stairs or when I bent down to pick up something.  Instead of doing the Insanity workouts last week, I did CrossFit workouts instead.  Those workouts don't hurt my knees at all!  I have even mastered the box jump!  The one that Jimmy built for me is the perfect height.  He also built/installed us two pull-up bars, one inside our workout room and one outside beside the driveway.  Jimmy also marked out a 1/2 mile length on our driveway, so we are all set for CrossFit at home.  By the way, I cannot pull myself up even one centimeter on the pull-up bar!

I'll post all about our week at Rustic Youth Camp really soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading about how you are planning for the upcoming year. It is great to share ideas.

    ReplyDelete