Saturday, April 3, 2010

What's Going On

What a busy, busy week. This week has been our Spring Break. And while it started off in a heartbreaking way, we have still managed to have a fun and productive week. I truly appreciate all of your kind comments and expressions of sympathy over the loss of our beloved dog, Lilly. I am also grateful for the cards we have received in the mail. Your thoughts and prayers have made such a difficult time a little more bearable. We are still brought to tears most days, and we all still find ourselves looking for Lilly...thinking we heard her or saw her. I planted some flowers around her grave yesterday.

Earlier this week we traveled to Nashville for a 2 day fun trip. The other days we have spent working in our yard. I think we shoveled out 3 or 4 dump truck loads of mulch, and Jimmy and the girls put in a small garden. I have plenty of pictures, and I will blog about it all.....sometime soon! Today we are getting ready for our Easter Egg Hunt....I will be hiding 550 candy filled eggs later this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your dog :( I must have missed that post. It is hard to lose a pet, they are part of the family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roan,
    I am so sorry to hear about Lilly.
    It's so amazing how much our pets do become just like family members. I said to my hubby the other night as I was loving on one of ours that I can't begin to imagine either one of them not being here any more. My heart just aches for you and your family Roan. Know that I am praying for you all, ok?

    May your Easter be lovely, and may the love of Christ bring peace, comfort and joy to you and your family!
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the loss of your sweet dog. Glad you had a busy and productive break. We're still trying to recover from our break. Hopefully this week will be full and busy.

    ReplyDelete