Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not a School Day

Today was not a school day, not an academic school day....but a very productive life skills day.

Jimmy was off work today, so we made a long list of things to get done. I began my day by meeting my friend Lynn at 6:30 for a run. We ran a little over 5 miles, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rarely do I get to run somewhere besides our treadmill or at the city park track, so running in town was a treat. On my way home I ran a couple of errands, and brought home some fresh bagels for the family. Then the girls and I got to work. Jimmy and the boys had been working the whole time I was gone. Throughout the day the men changed oil in some of the lawn equipment, cleaned out our old Little Tikes dinosaur sandbox and filled it with new sand, mowed the grass and trimmed for about 4 hours, swept out and tidied the garage, and various other things too.

The girls and I are utilizing a new life skill around here...washing a lot of dirty dishes by hand.

My dishwasher broke last night. And it was full of a day's worth of dirty dishes. It was 9:00 PM when I realized that it would not start! Our repairman came this morning, diagnosed the problem as a broken electrical board, and ordered the new parts. No word on how long it will be before the parts arrive. So we are washing dishes. Lots of dishes!

While the boys were busy outside, the girls and I cleaned house. We scrubbed the bathrooms, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. We also had to do quite a bit of straightening up, and the girls folded clothes for me and did some ironing.

After lunch, I took Leah to our homeschool kindergarten graduation practice. We have 19 graduates this year. They are all so cute! When Leah was through with her practice, she and I ran a couple of more errands to prepare for Olivia's upcoming birthday.

We had Bible study at church tonight, we watched the results of American Idol when we got home, and now it is bedtime! Tomorrow, we will be hitting the books again. We will read our last chapter of Across Five Aprils, and I am always sad for a good book to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment