Monday, October 20, 2008

Diabetes Dash 5K

Thanks to our cross country coach, Heather, I ran my fastest 5K time ever on Saturday!! 25:33! I was thrilled! Heather set the pace for me at the beginning of the race, and after about 2 minutes, I wasn't sure if I could keep up. She was so encouraging though, and her encouragment convinced me that I could run that fast.

Unfortunately, running that fast did reinjure my knee. It didn't hurt Saturday, and it didn't hurt yesterday (however I have had muscle soreness), but today when I did a slow 5 mile fun, I could tell that the old injury was back. :( I had planned to run fast in the Race for the Cure 5K this Saturday, but now I think I am just going to take it slow. I don't want to jeopardize my plans of running the St. Jude half in December. Still, I sometimes feel competitive! Sometimes it is hard to just run slow and easy in a RACE!

Our homeschool cross country team did super in the 5K. Most of the team members improved their personal times, and several Spartans received trophies. My family did well too.
Jimmy won 1st place in the 40-49 males; I won 3rd place in the 30-39 females!!; Olivia won 2nd place overall female; Julie won 1st place overall female; and Clay won 1st place 9 and under males. Jimmy's brother, Russ also ran this race. He doesn't even train, and he won 3rd place in the 20-29 males.

Thanks to Aunt Jenny and Aunt Megan for watching Leah and Sam during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment