Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Catching Up

Well, I have just come to the conclusion that I am going to be a once a week blogger.  I write all kinds of blog posts in my head, but when it comes time to sitting down (or standing at my kitchen counter) and typing my thoughts, I just can't seem to fit it in!

So here is a catch-up post!

We celebrated Clay's 15 Birthday last week.
We began the day with a special breakfast of doughnuts from Shipley's.  Next, Clay opened his presents.  He enjoyed a leisurely day of trying out his new gifts and working in the barn.  His siblings did his chores for him, and we all had a delicious birthday lunch at our local Thai restaurant.  Later, we had cake and ice cream!  Yum!  I think he had a great day!


 Brothers

 Enjoying the breakfast doughnuts

 Opening gifts

 This year, Jimmy did the birthday shopping for Clay.  As I wrapped his gifts, I must admit that I had no idea what most of them were!  He got a welder and all kinds of supplies and tools for that.
Interesting things!

15 Candles

Born to Run 5K
Saturday morning we all drove to Ripley (over an hour away) to run a 5K.  The weather was really awful!  It was cold and rainy, and the wind was really strong.  Sam and I opted not to run once we got there.  I knew that he would be miserable, and that running 3.1 miles in those conditions could very easily stretch into 45 minutes or longer with an unhappy 8 year old.  However, Jimmy and the other children were hard core!  And they joined over 150 other people and braved the elements.  They all had great running times.

A Visit From My Parents
Sunday afternoon my parents came for a short visit.  They came bearing gifts (two beautiful ferns for my front porch, a marshmallow shooting gun for Sam, and various fun things for Leah) and some special items from my grandmother who recently passed away.  We enjoyed lunch and visiting together.  

My Garden
I am not sure if it's going to grow!  I covered each plant last week when the temperature dipped into the twenties one night.  Those plants look ok, but none of my seeds have sprouted!  It is almost time to put some other plants in.  I plan to do major work in my flower beds around the house this Saturday.  I'll have to get to the garden planting another day.

Bible Study
I finished the B90 yesterday!  It actually took me 92 days, but that's close!  That was my 4th time to read the Bible through in 90ish days.
Today I started a new Bible study, and inductive study of women of the Bible.  It is different than what I have done for a long time, but I plan to stick with it.  When it is finished, I want to resume copying the  New Testament.

Running
I am still doing the marathon build-up mileage running plan.  Last week's total miles were 15.  I was supposed to do a total of 18, but it didn't happen.  This week's plan is 3,4,3,4,6.  I fully intend to get in all of those runs!  I ran 4 yesterday, and I plan to run 3-4 with Lynn this afternoon.

See y'all in a week!  :)  But, hopefully, sooner!

1 comment:

  1. I am always happy to see your posts whether they are once a day, once a week, or once a month! Thanks so much for sharing so much with us--I feel like I've learned a lot from you! One question I have, if you ever want to answer it in a post or do another Q&A post, would be what resources you have felt are useful for disciplining? I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old so I feel I'm in the midst of daily 'teaching, disciplining, discipling' and I'm always looking for tips from people who are more seasoned at this than I am. Your children seem to be peaceful and to get along well....so I'd love to know if you have anything in particular that you found useful for disciplining/child training when they were younger. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete