Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Latest


  • Bible Study:  Some of you have asked for more details regarding my copying Scripture.  I took pictures of my journal, and I will share soon.  Also, I have begun listening to the Bible on CD in my car.  We have had these CDs for years, and I have never listened to them.  I really like them!  However, we are missing disc 8, so I am reading Leviticus 25-Numbers 10 before I can listen to the next CD.
  • Running:  Last week's long run of 18 was so much better than the previous week's long run.  I drank a full cup of coffee, and I ate a little packet of that fruit in a pouch stuff--you know, they make baby food in these pouches--but this is not baby food, but just pureed fruit in a pouch.  I found it in the refrigerated organic section of Kroger.  Anyway, eating two of those plus drinking plenty of Gatorade and water resulted in a much better run.  Plus I ran with Heather for 13.5 miles of it, and we had a good visit.
  • Homeschool:  We are just moving right along.  Doing school still takes me all day, and if we have any unplanned interruptions, I don't get everything done.  We are off tomorrow and Friday, and that will give us time to catch our breath.
  • Olivia:  She came home for the weekend about 10 days ago, and she is coming home again today for Fall Break!  Yay!  We are all so excited!  She warned me that she has to bring home all of her books and do lots of studying/paper writing, but that's ok!  We are just so, so happy to have her here with us!  She set a PR in a 5K cross country race that she ran last week.  Her best time since she was 13!  She was so excited, and we all were too!
  • In the Kitchen:  I stuck to my "serve the same meals over and over" routine for two weeks.  And then I wanted a change, so this week I have been serving all new recipes.  Most have been "not so good".  I am sure that my family is tiring of my culinary experiments, but really they are such good sports and eat whatever I prepare......and then get a bowl of oatmeal or cereal for dessert!  Ha!
  • Preparing for Christmas:  Yes.  It's time.  I have done very little.  But, I plan to begin sharing a couple of tips/ideas a week.  This week's tip:  If you have been gathering gifts throughout the year, and they are not in one location, put them there.  I have a huge plastic bin with a lid that is my gift box.  Whenever I buy a present, I put it inside that box.  Now is the time to take inventory of your gift box.  You may surprise yourself with the items you have picked up this year.  
  • Sewing:  I have bought all of the fabric and most of the other supplies for sewing small pillows and drainage bags for mastectomy patients.  I have two different places that I will donate these sets.  My goal is to have them ready to deliver by the end of October, since it's the pink month and all.  
I think that about sums everything up.  Life is crazy hectic around here.  Most days I feel like I am barely keeping my nose above the water.  (Like most of you feel too, I am sure!).
Here is the verse I repeat in my head on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from LetsHomeschoolHighSchool blog roll. I just have to comment about your running!! Wow! I'm amazed. 17 miles! I used to run years ago, but kind of let it go when I started homeschooling 13 years ago. I keep saying I'm going to get back to it, but I don't. I've never been in better shape than when I was running. And it's wonderful that your kids run with you. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete