- I normally drink a full 16 oz. cup of coffee mixed with about 2 inches of chocolate soy milk. This morning, I drank only about 1/3 of the cup.
- I did not drink much Gatorade at mile 3, and I did not eat my GU until mile 10. That was way too late. Not enough coffee + very little Gatorade, and taking GU too late = crashing.
- I have not completed all of my training miles the last two weeks. One week I visited Olivia and did not finish my last 9 miles, and last week, I was sick.
- I missed my long run last week. It has been two weeks and one day since my last long run (16). That's too long between long runs!
- Today marked 4 days of running in a row. I normally don't run more than 3 days in a row. I also normally rest the day before and after a long run.
So, live and learn.
And respect the training plan.
And don't be hard on yourself when you fail.
There is always next week!