Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Sewing Surprise

I had another nice surprise yesterday.  The man from the sewing repair store called me to tell me that he had fixed my serger, and I could pick it up!  Wow!  I didn't even know that my serger was in the shop.  It had stopped working Sunday while I was in the middle of my sewing.  Unknown to me, Jimmy and Julie took it to the sewing store on Monday.  I stopped in the middle of my holiday cooking to drive to town and pick up my serger!  I was so happy!  A super surprise!

Last night after I got all of the children to bed, I finished my sewing project.  And the fact that I had a perfectly working serger made the work go super fast!  I can't share pictures until after the gifts are opened, but it really isn't that big of a deal.  The big deal is that while I planned this project back in the summer, I did not make time to work on it until very recently.  I hope that my family members are not expecting anything really fantastic, but I truly enjoyed sewing my gifts!

Today's plan includes folding a mountain of laundry, cleaning up my sewing mess, and wrapping lots of presents.

Happy Holidays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment