Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Counting the First 100 Days of School

Today I have a blog post over at The Homeschool Classroom. It's about counting the first 100 days of school. I did this the year before last with Leah, and we all enjoyed it so much that I am doing it again with Sam. We are on day 9. My post includes directions for counting the days as well as ideas for celebrating when you reach day 100. It will probably take until April or May for us to complete 100 days of preschool.

I have been so busy with our new school year as well as our homeschool running team, that there have been days that I have not even gone online beyond checking my email.

Schoolwork is still taking most of my day. Olivia (10th) is working 100% independently, and Julie (8th) completely independent except for listening to me read the Sonlight books. Clay (6th) has pleasantly surprised me with his independent reading. This is the first year I have assigned him novel type books to read, and he has risen to the task. He has kept up with the Sonlight read alone daily schedule, and he is comprehending what he is reading! Leah (1st) is loving first grade, and Sam still spends most of his time asking me when will Clay be done with school so they can play.

Don't forget to visit The Homeschool Classroom. You can click here to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment