So. After living in one space for 13 years, we have acquired all kinds of clutter. You wouldn't see it if you walked into my house, but it is there, hidden! I assigned myself an area or room to each month of this year. Here is my list.
- January--storage room
- March--garage/back porch
- April--Sam's room
- May--den/living area
- June--my bedroom and bathroom
- August--the "secret room" (a room off of Olivia's closet that houses the kids' outgrown toys and lots of other stuff that needs to be purged!)
- September--guest room and bathroom
- October--laundry room and hall closet
- November--foyer and dining room
- December--Leah's room and the upstairs built in desks/bookshelves
I also have a detailed checklist of drawers, closets, shelves, etc. in each of the above rooms. While I want all the cleaning out done right now, I realize that it did not get junky overnight, and it will take me the entire year to get through it. I hope I do not lose my stamina!