Monday, November 17, 2014

Menu, Miles, MSU, and More

Menu:
stir fry vegetables
brown rice
homemade egg rolls

penne pasta with zucchini and red sauce
salad

homemade chicken noodle soup
homemade bread
salad

baked potatoes
salad

sauteed vegetable and hummus wraps
sweet and spicy sweet potato rounds

chili

You can visit OrgJunkie for more menu ideas.

Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Rounds
4 sweet potatoes
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. chili powder
2 Tbs. olive oil

Peel and slice potatoes thinly. Pour olive oil over potatoes in a large bowl, and stir to coat.  Sprinkle spices and brown sugar over potatoes, and stir again until all potatoes are covered.
Place on a greased or foil-covered and sprayed baking sheet, in a single layer.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender or slightly crunchy.

Miles:
This is the peak mileage week of our marathon training.  I ran 11 miles this morning, and I have 36 miles left.  One run will be my long run of 22 miles.  I am planning on meeting Leanna and Stacee for that run on Friday.  The rest of the week I will run 6, 4, and 4.  I think that adds up to 47!

MSU:
Sadly, Mississippi State could not pull off a win against Alabama.  However, we had lots of fun watching the game----good food, good friends, good fellowship.  We had four couples and 17 children at Leanna's house for the game.  It was a fun afternoon.

More:
My dryer stopped working on Friday, and so I spent Friday night at the laundrymat.  Fun!  I do love those huge washers and dryers though.  I got all of my laundry done in 1.5 hours.  Folded too.  The repairman is here this morning, and I will be washing, drying, and folding for the rest of today when he gets it up and running!  I am so appreciative for modern conveniences!

We plan to get our Christmas tree at the beginning of next week.  That is if the nursery where I buy my tree from each year has them.  I plan to get a SMALL tree this year.  Last year's tree grew on the way home from the nursery.  It was SO LARGE last year…..and a little bit lopsided.  It did not look like that at the nursery! So, I will be looking for a smallish tree--9 feet tall, max.

Happy Monday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a sad day for Dawg fans...but our guys didn't look the same at all that first quarter. I wonder if it was a mental block of some kind?
    I'm going to try those sweet potatoes! Sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete