Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Schoolroom BEFORE

This summer my schoolroom became a dumping ground for VBS, Rustic Youth Camp, and beach materials.  Since we were not using the schoolroom for school, it was an easy place to  put things.  

Today, I am going to share all of my BEFORE pictures of my schoolroom.  They aren't pretty!  I spent about 40+ hours in this room, cleaning out, sorting, purging, organizing.  I cleaned out drawers and cabinets in my schoolroom that I haven't cleaned out in years.  I also rearranged some of the furniture.

 Early in the summer--before it got too bad in here...well, actually most of the stuff had been stored in the big closet to make room for Julie's sleepover party.


I moved all of my Sonlight books from my den into my schoolroom.  In order to make room for them, I had to clear my schoolroom shelves of my miscellaneous history and science books.  So I sorted the books into categories--all over the floor.

 Even in the midst of all of my cleaning, Leah still managed to find a space for arts and crafts.

 It got worse before it got better!

 still sorting books

 the book piles getting more organized

 This is where I stored our new curriculum as it arrived.
I am not sure why the snow cone machine is up there!

 The closet where everything was stuck for the party.

I will share one AFTER picture.  The walk in closet!  I even had an empty space after I cleaned it out!  But now there is something in that space, and I can't think of what it is right now.


Tomorrow, I will share all of my AFTER pictures.  I was very pleased with how my schoolroom turned out!

1 comment:

  1. I love the before pictures. I feel so much better about my mess. I am inspired to organize our school area. :)

    Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete