Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bodock 5K

Last night was the Bodock 5K held in Pontotoc, Mississippi. This is called a "twilight run" because the race begins at 8:00 p.m. This was the first race since April that I ran without the double stroller--thanks to 2 of my good friends, Pam and Karen. They both watched Leah and Sam for me. I really enjoyed the first 2 miles, then sometime after mile 2 I got tired. I have not run 3.1 miles nonstop in a while. Some days I run 5-5.5 miles, but I take one minute walk breaks throughout. I am still trying to rebuild my mileage without reinjuring my knees. Anyway, the race was fun! Clay chose to spend the night with his good friends, Parker and Carson (see their Mama's blog) instead of racing. Olivia and Julie had several friends racing and watching, and our homeschool cross country team raced too. The girls really enjoyed the night.
The results: Jimmy got 2nd place, Olivia got 5th, and Julie got 1st. I was just happy to be racing, and I was NOT LAST in my age group.....I was somewhere in the middle! There were 55 girls in Olivia and Julie's age group! That is more than usual. I am proud of them all! Our times are in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment