Saturday, December 26, 2015

Happy December 26th!

Well.  Another Christmas Day has come and gone with all the flurry and fun associated with it.  We have had a wonderful (yes, stressed at times, but mostly just wonderful) December. I have so enjoyed having both of my college girls home. Our house has been full of family, crafts, puzzles, legos, dolls, and lots and lots and lots of cooking!  I have spent hours in my kitchen these last few weeks.  But for the most part, I have enjoyed every minute.

Like most of you mamas, I slept 4.5 hours Christmas Eve night.  I kept myself fortified yesterday with coffee and mocha punch.  I also took a 15 minute nap later in the afternoon.  We had a delightful Christmas Day---my parents came Thursday night.  They spent the night and spent most of yesterday with us.  It was such a blessing having them here!  My mama and daddy helped me so much in the kitchen preparing our special Christmas dinner.  I usually don't have our special meal ready until 4:00 or so, but yesterday since I had so much help, we ate before 2:00!

So I slept late this morning, and I have so much to do (clean-up from the Christmas fun) that I don't really know where to begin!  I am also already thinking forward to the new year next week and all the goals I want to set for myself.  I love January 1 with its blank slate.  I like to make New Year's resolutions and goals for myself.  In fact, I have so many areas that I intend to work on and improve that I told Jimmy that he may not even know me any more. :)

I jotted down a few areas that I intend to set goals for myself.  I wish I had a day to be alone and just think and write plans, goals, ideas, etc.  I would love to read Pinterest for hours to learn new ideas for meeting my goals, but the reality is none of that is going to happen.  So, I will work with what time I have.  A little bit here and there while cleaning up our December/Christmas Day festivities.

Here are the areas I intend to work on.  I hope to blog specific ideas and plans as I make them.
Feel free to share any ideas you may have as well.


  • Bible Study 
  • Hospitality
  • Fitness
  • Healthy Eating
  • Planner/Homemaking Binder
  • Homeschool
  • Housecleaning
  • General cleaning out
  • Leisure
  • Vacations
  • Office Items (Bills, Filing, Budget, etc.)

And here are my precious children!


No comments:

Post a Comment