Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Blog, The Blog

Sometimes I get on a roll, and I blog regularly.  I get grand ideas like blog every single day for the entire year.

And then life gets hectic, and I fail to blog at all.  Birthdays and special events happen, and I fail to record them.  I panic about this because I am not scrapbooking anymore, and I like to document special days in our lives.

Some days I have some time available to blog, and then I can think of nothing to say.

Some days I have a lot on my mind that I want to shout from the rooftops, but no time to type.

So I wrestle with this blog thing.  Which explains the sporadic nature of my posts.

I also am reminded, again, that I have no margin in my life.  When small or large interruptions happen (like Julie having her wisdom teeth out last week), or small or large crises (like my father-in-law being put in the hospital last Friday), my days quickly unravel. Add to that the emotional stress of the situations, and every task seems more difficult.

My father-in-law is still in the hospital.  He had surgery yesterday, and he will remain in the hospital for the rest of this week.  He still faces another surgery (as far as I know right now) at another hospital at a later date.

Well.  Those are my thoughts for the day.
Oh.  I began the Bible in 90 Days reading plan February 1.  So far, I have kept up with the reading for these first three days.

6 comments:

  1. I love to read your words whether you blog every day or every month! If I have lots to write about, I have less time to do it! By the time we can blog every day, we'll be Grandmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Maureen--I always look forward to your posts, no matter how frequent or infrequent they are. I love your attitude and spirit. As for getting unraveled when Life Happens...I TOTALLY identify. I do have some margin in my days (hard-won, to be frank!), and even so, it's difficult to juggle everything. I hope Julie is recovering well and that your father-in-law is doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polly,
      Can you let me know if you get some sort of notification that I replied to your comment? I am trying to figure out how this works. I left you a comment on your resolutions post on your blog. How did you get your margin???

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about Jimmy's daddy being in the hospital and I hope Julie is recovering well. I know that can add a lot to do to an already busy day! I love your blog and am always so inspired and encouraged when I get a chance to read:) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maureen, Polly, and Vicki for your encouragement. I do love to blog! Polly, I am interested in how you carved margin into your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roan, I am just seeing this! Tried to email you this morning (we are on a road trip!). When we get home I will either email you about margin or post about it on my blog ...or both!!!! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete