Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Big Snow

My children woke up yesterday eagerly anticipating the snowfall that our weather man had predicted.  Schools and some businesses were closed in anticipation of the snowstorm.  I must admit that I was a little skeptical!  It has been SO COLD here lately, and while I welcomed the possibility of snow to make the cold at least pretty and fun, I really doubted we would get more than a dusting. (Like always). It just rarely comes a big snow here in the part of Mississippi we live in. 

The kids and I kept looking out the windows all yesterday morning.  We kept checking the weather forecast on my phone.  We even turned on our TV at noon to see the local weather……

Well.  Finally it began snowing!  (I can't remember what time…..)

And it snowed and snowed and snowed. 

My kids had a ball. And so did everyone else in our neck of the woods.  Before it was all over, we had 7 inches in our yard.  :)  7 inches!  That's a Mississippi blizzard!  It snowed for hours and hours…..

The kids ate bowls and bowls of snow ice cream.  Sam ate snow right out of the yard.  Leah and I built a tiny little snowman (I was too cold to build any bigger). All four children went sledding for hours. Jimmy had worked all night Tuesday, so he came home and slept Wednesday during the blizzard, but he and the kids were up bright and early this morning to play before it started melting around 10:00. 
I stayed indoors this morning and cooked a big breakfast for them.  I also spent most of my time yesterday and today drying clothes, wiping up water, and serving hot drinks.

Here are some highlights.

 looking down our driveway

 Leah, Julie, Clay, and Sam
ready to sled

 Clay and Sam

 not sure……looking for a place to sled?  taking a break?

 There goes Clay, down the hill.

 Julie giving Leah a push to get started

 Busted!
Licking snow.

 standing in front of our Dr. Seuss tree
See it leaning to the left?

 out in front of our house, around the barn

 Julie and Sam

 Leah with her sled

 lying in the snow…
not sure why?

 another picture in front of our property

Snow on the beautiful lantern/light that Jimmy hung for us recently. He made the wooden thing that it's hanging on and did all the wiring.

 our backyard

 a tree near our house

 kids playing in the woods

 Sam

 Pokey, Clay, and Sam crossing a bridge.

 Sweet sisters

 Cool Sam

 This is when the snow first started falling.

 Sam, eating snow again!

 Whee!

 Pokey and Clay

 Me, smallish snowman, and Leah

7 inches!

A Mississippi Blizzard!
Fun! Fun! Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! What a beautiful place you live, especially all covered in snow! Been visiting your blog for quite some time but I have yet to leave a comment so I thought I'd share with you how much I enjoyed these pictures. The woods all covered in snow is just so neat to see! Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete