Tuesday, December 23, 2014

First Run Since The Marathon

This morning I ran for the first time since my marathon.
Three slow miles on the treadmill while watching an episode of The Biggest Loser.
I am still battered!  I thought my soreness was gone, but I was wrong.  My thighs and legs ached at the beginning, but by the end I think I worked all the soreness out.  I plan to attempt five miles tomorrow.  And then ten on Friday.  I have the Disney Half Marathon coming up, and so I need to stay somewhat in shape in order to finish that and still be able to go to the park that day.

After that race, I don't have any more races on my calendar.  My plan is to exercise for up to one hour each morning, 4-5 days a week.  Once a week I plan to meet Leanna (and hopefully Lynn sometimes too) for a 10 mile run.  I may do some of my Shaun T workout videos on some mornings to mix things up.  That's my plan.

Do you have an exercise plan for 2015?  Make one.  :)  Schedule at least 30 minutes of your day for brisk walking or maybe even an exercise video.  Find a friend to join you at least once a week for even more motivation and fun!  My weekly runs with friends are as much about mental therapy as they are about physical exercise.  We solve all our problems while pounding the pavement!

We are busy, busy enjoying our December/January holiday season.  We celebrated Christmas with my extended family last Saturday, and we will celebrate with Jimmy's family on this coming Saturday.

Here is one picture that captured the delight of the day.




And here is the family photo that I am trying to upload as the header of this blog.  I can't figure it out…..it is too huge no matter what I do.  Anyway, here are the Johnsons:  December 2014.


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Johnsons! (Waves.) Last winter I walked on an old treadmill for an hour every day. Now that the weather is lousy again I am using a recumbent stationary bike. I feel like an old lady! The first day I *just* managed 10 minutes and wanted to die. I have always been this way about riding real bikes, too -- my legs get so rubbery. Anyway, I've told myself there is no hurry and if I will just ride it faithfully every day (except Sunday) and increase the time slowly, I will still be exercising and that is my goal. I'm up to fifteen minutes and don't feel like I can't function for next hour or two, so I guess I'm making progress. Merry Christmas to you, too, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the exercise encouragement! I am getting back into it after a hiatus--4 times on the elliptical trainer for 30-40 minutes per week! It's convenient to have it in my basement. :) I'm hoping by summer I can start jogging a little bit again, after a stretch of no running due to a sacro-iliac problem. I have to remember that an hour or so 4x a week is NOT that much, and it is well worth it in the benefits I reap--especially the mental health. :) I would love to find a friend who would run with me once I start up again.

    ReplyDelete