Sunday, July 13, 2014

Menu, Miles, and More

We spent last week hosting four young men, who along with Clay, attended Preacher Training Classes all week.  The boys at my housed renamed it "Preacher Camp".  Counting Clay, we had three 15 year olds, a 19 year old, and a 20 year all, from the previous Saturday until this past Friday.

Fun.  Food.  Fellowship.

They left each morning at 7:30, and they returned around 6:30 each night.  I only had to feed them breakfast and a nighttime snack each day, because ladies from our congregation took turns providing the 20 men lunch and supper each day.

When they got home each evening, they spent an hour of two unwinding before studying and doing their homework (for hours!  some nights until 2 A.M) before going to bed.  I let them use the schoolroom in our basement for their work, and when it came time for sleep, I had each boy in a separate room.  It really worked out well.

But I had no time to blog.  :)  And that's ok.

Yesterday was Julie's 17th birthday.  Happy Day.  I will post pictures and share about the big day another day.  (The pictures are still in the camera.)

Menu This Week:
Monday:  refried beans, Spanish rice, green chili white bean dip
Tuesday:  curried cauliflower and couscous
Wednesday:  cilantro lime quinoa with black beans
Thursday:  roasted sweet potato and quinoa salad
Friday:  BBQ bean wraps

Miles This Week:
I ran zero miles last week.  ZERO.
I was somewhat overwhelmed with the house guests and the cooking (I also helped to feed the men for lunch and supper Thursday), and the laundry, and I tried to do some school planning….so I never ran last week!  However, I have a 32 mile week planned for this week.  I have got to do 30+ miles the next 3-4 weeks in order to be ready to begin my marathon training.  (Which I said I was NOT running last week……)

Monday:  7
Tuesday:  6
Wednesday:  9
Thursday:  rest
Friday:  5
Saturday:  5

Be sure to check out OrgJunkie.com beginning Monday for some menu inspiration.

I finished Little Women and I also read Fahrenheit 451 in just two days over the weekend.  I'll blog my thoughts about both books later.

No comments:

Post a Comment