Friday, March 21, 2014

A Happy Day

Julie and I (and one of Julie and Olivia's friends) are visiting Olivia at college! We left for the airport yesterday morning at 3 AM.  I was so busy packing and getting things ready for my family to be without me for a few days, that I only slept 2 hours before it was time to go.  I drank lots of coffee yesterday.
We were so happy to see Olivia, even though she has not been back to school for even a week yet.  Julie and Tiana are staying in the dorm with Olivia, so they are getting to spend a good bit of time with her.  I have spent the afternoon doing laundry for Olivia and her roommate and ironing some of her clothes.  It makes me happy to be doing things for Olivia.  She is studying right now, but later on we are taking Olivia out to eat supper with us.  Then we are all going to attend some activities that they have planned here at the school tonight.
I miss my other children and Jimmy too, but I am having a happy day with my oldest.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and the girls! I love to do things for my children also. I took my oldest son out to dinner last night, then we went over to Costco to wander the aisles like we did when he was younger. Such good memories.

    Can't wait to see a picture of Olivia's Spring Banquet dress. I am so happy that she is enjoying her school and meeting new people.

    Blessings,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete