I was tagged at Nicki's Blog, and I am supposed to answer 11 random questions that she asked. Ok, here goes!
1. What is the first thing that you do when you get up in the morning?
Drink a cup of coffee and read my Bible
2. What product could you NOT live without?
my contact lenses
3. What is your favorite book?
The Bible, and I really can't pick another one...there are several that I really like--Heidi, Johnny Tremain, Moccasain Trail, Carry On Mr. Bowditch, Across Five Aprils
4. In one sentence, what advice would you give to a new mom?
Hold them, rock them, and enjoy each day.
5. What room in your home do you spend the most time?
6. What is your favorite part of the day?
Bedtime! No, really, homeschooling my children is my favorite job each day. A very close second or sometimes tied for first is running.
7. How many minutes do you spend reading to your children each day?
2-3 hours--not all at one time, but since we use Sonlight, and I am doing three cores that have read alouds, plus I read to Leah and Sam at bedtime, and I read the Bible aloud to all 5 children each morning....I am guessing that it is more like 3 hours total on most days.
8. What is the messiest room in your house?
Usually the schoolroom and my storage/crafting room. But I try to tidy up both areas each day.
9. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
I am not sure what a guilty pleasure is?? I like to drink a Coke in the afternoon. Real Coke in a red can.
10. What is your movie recommendation for families?
None! Ha! We have a huge selection of rated G movies...mostly Disney ones. My children just watch the same ones over and over....mostly in the van on long rides. We rarely watch movies at home, because there is just not enough time in our day.
11. If you had one more hour each day, how would you spend it?
I would like to think I would spend it in Bible reading and prayer, but truthfully, I would probably spend it cleaning!