I have been struggling with time management recently. I have so much that I want to accomplish, and each day goes by without much of my list crossed off. My goals aren't that impressive, it's just basic things that I want to do. But somehow I always run out of time.
Here are some of the things forever on my "list".
- daily Bible reading/study/prayer
- exercise (running and CrossFit)
- meal planning
- cooking our meals
- housekeeping (cleaning and keeping the daily clutter under control)
- visiting family (close by and far away)
- having people over for a meal
- school planning
- deep cleaning my house
- yard work
- cleaning out closets, drawers, storage areas, etc.
- laundry and ironing
- school preparation (in addition to planning)
- grocery shopping
- bill paying/emails/computer work/etc.
- doing something fun with the kids
- doing something fun with Jimmy
I find that if I concentrate on one area, the other areas fall apart. For instance, if I spend the morning working on school stuff, then I fall behind on the laundry. If I spend 3-4 hours cleaning the house, I never get to reading or the yard work, and then it's time for supper!
I know in my head what to do. Prioritize. Make a list. Work on lots of different things for short periods of time. Figure out a weekly cleaning/shopping/computer work schedule, and then follow it.
But I find that lately I can't even formulate a plan! My brain is tired.
I have a short vacation with Jimmy coming up soon. We are going on a little getaway to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I hope during that time I can relax, regroup, and be ready to tackle life when I get home. I have several "just for fun" books that I'm taking with me.
Please feel free to share any time management tips or words of wisdom.