Monday, October 6, 2014

Menu and Miles


Hello there!

I am planning only four meals right now.  This weekend I plan to do my major once a month shopping at Sam's and Walmart, and I will also plan the rest of my meals (loosely) for October.  

Menu
Meal 1:  salad, oven baked sweet potato and regular potato fries
Meal 2:  pasta salad, green salad, fruit
Meal 3:  taco soup (crock pot)
Meal 4:  stir fry vegetables, brown rice, baked spring rolls

I know that I list salad a lot on my menus, and sometimes with not much else, so I guess some of you are thinking, "How do they get full on salad?"  Well, my salads are more than lettuce and tomatoes.  
When I buy groceries each week, my girls and I usually chop up the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, ice berg lettuce, and sometimes bell peppers and green onions too.  I store these in the refrigerator, and it is so easy to add them to a green salad, a bowl of rice and beans, or to our pasta salad.

Here is what we choose from when making a salad each day:

iceberg lettuce
spinach
spring mix
romaine
shredded cabbage
tomatoes
carrots
broccoli
cauliflower
bell peppers
green onions
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
slivered almonds
pecans
walnuts
dried craisins
golden raisins
strawberries
blueberries
oranges
chickpeas
black beans
corn

So, you can get a variety of nutrition from the above ingredients, mixed and matched in different ways. I always have homemade bread (made by my resident chef, Julie!) to accompany the meal.  I also always have on hand brown rice, potatoes, or quinoa to round out the meal.

Be sure to visit OrgJunkie.com for more menu inspiration.

Miles
Well I am beginning Week 5 of 14 of my current marathon training.  I did not do my long run last week because of traveling, but I plan to get my miles in this week.  :) Here they are--
9, 17, 6, 5, for a total of 37.  

Have a happy day, and let's all think before we speak today.  :)

"Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so."
James 3:10



No comments:

Post a Comment