Tuesday, February 17, 2009

School This Week

My mind is being stretched this week! Between beginning to teach Leah how to read (she kept asking me to, so I finally began Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons this week) and relearning (or should I say learning) Newton's Three Laws (of Motion?? or something like that) and these two formulas:

Total force = mass x acceleration

exerted force - kinetic friction = total force

Plus studying about stems in botany with Julie and Clay, and reading and learning about the Great Lake states with all of the children.....I am taking in a lot of new information. I frequently tell my children, "I don't know WHERE I was when they taught this when I was in school"!
There is a lot of learning going on here in the Johnson home this week, and it is not all being learned by the children. That is one of the great advantages of homeschooling.....the mother learns too!

2 comments:

  1. I used to love those formulas. I'm a nerd, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting the education now that I should have gotten 20 years ago, too! You're right, that's one of the great things about being the teacher!

    ReplyDelete