So Sunshine left a comment asking about my family and our summer. That little nudge made me realize that yes, I do miss blogging. I still read blogs periodically, but I do spend a good bit of time listening to podcasts. Anyway, here is an update on our family.
We are all doing well!
- Jimmy and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on June 22. What a blessing to have been married 30 years to my best friend.
- Olivia and Brian are expecting their first baby in December. They still live super far away in Indiana--a 9 hour drive. I am so excited for them! She will find out next month if the the baby is a boy or a girl.
- Julie and Big Sam are doing well with their two little girls, Mae 2.5 and Bea 10 months. Both girls' birthdays are in August. They live about 15 minutes from us. :) Julie has a garden and baby chickens, and I am looking forward to having fresh tomatoes.
- Clay is in pharmacy school at The University of Tennessee. He will begin his second year in August. He is also working part time this summer at Handy Man and is studying for the MCAT.
- Leah will be a high school senior (how is that possible?) this fall. Leah has her driver's license now, and it is so nice to have an extra driver. She can drive herself and Sam to their XC practices and Bible studies now which is so nice! Leah has an Etsy shop called PaperCactusDesigns where she sells stickers and various other things that she designs and creates.
- Sam will be in 10th grade this fall. He is busy this summer working on engineering projects, yard work, and various outdoor activities. Both of them have already been to RYC, and they will attend another camp in July.