Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Monday


I am listing 2 weeks worth of meals this week. I tried something new this weekend. We went to Sam's Friday night, and I bought two week's worth of food for all of our meals. Some items I bought will last us a month or even more. I still need to run by Kroger this afternoon to pick up a few items to finish out the groceries for the next two weeks. I am going to try shopping at Sam's and Kroger every two weeks and see how it works.
You will notice that I cook basically the same meals.....I have about 15-20 menus that I use repeatedly. Also, when you see a supper listed one week that was also listed the previous week, that means that for whatever reason I did not cook that supper. I still have the ingredients, so we will eat it this week. Clear as mud?
Breakfasts
pumpkin muffins
homemade waffles
bacon, eggs, toast
cereal, oatmeal
frozen waffles
smoothies
Lunches
leftovers
sandwiches
roll-ups
Suppers
homemade pizza
10 Can soup (leftover from last week, plus I froze some for later), grilled cheese
meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
shrimp and grits, salad, mac and cheese
tacos
grilled chicken, corn on cob, green beans, salad
shrimp scampi, salad
baked salmon, roasted potatoes, salad
pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, baked asparagus
pasta salad, fruit salad
chicken strip salad
roast, carrots, potatoes, onions (all in the crock pot), green beans
grilled hamburgers, chips and dip (Redneck Caviar)
Desserts
strawberry congealed salad
white frozen salad
homemade chocolate chip cookies
rice krispie treats
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm... just the thought of pumpkin muffins is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We usually do picking up and "spit shine" cleaning each day. Then, Saturday is our day to clean, clean. If we are not going to be home on Saturday, I do it Wed. or Thurs. after lunch. Our house is a good bit smaller, though, and we can get ours done in 3-4 hours.

    Hope all is well! I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have everything covered! I've been using Sam's as my main grocery store for some time now and only going to my local one every 2 weeks or so. Works for me!!! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete