Thursday, May 7, 2020

Some Things We Have Done

I'm glad I took some pictures over the last six weeks, because I had already forgotten about some of these things. (And I'm sure other people in my family have pictures of other activities that I don't have.)

The four of us did some hiking at Dismals Canyon in Alabama.


Mae has come to visit us a lot.



Clay worked in his forge. He made some pliers completely from raw materials. (I need a picture of the finished product.)


We celebrated Clay's 21st birthday.


Mae loves to color.


And be outside.


Big Sam and I have given quarantine haircuts! I trimmed about 4 inches from Leah's hair and 5 inches from Julie's (no picture.)




Sweet Mae again!


Sam and Clay built a rock climbing wall. This is during the construction phase.


And this is the finished product.




The Easter Bunny came.

Leah, Sam, and Mae dyed Easter Eggs.


Clay made homemade bread and this homemade flan, pictured below.


I deep cleaned my oven (not using the self-cleaning feature). It took about three hours! This is the before picture. I am embarrassed to say that I have never deep cleaned my oven, and it is 15 years old!


After--not perfectly clean, but as clean as three hours of hard work, baking soda, vinegar, scrub brushes, norwex cloths, norwex cleaning paste, and elbow grease could get it.


Jimmy planed some boards from trees that had fallen or been cut down last fall.


Leah did a couple of Bob Ross art classes online as well as created much art on her iPad.

All in all, it has been a fun, productive shelter at home experience. I have kept up with my housework and even cleaned out a couple of closets and drawers.  Jimmy pressure washed all our concrete around the house and backyard/pool area, and he also finished a beautiful desk he has been working on for years. Sam built a go cart from an old piece of yard equipment....he attached a trailer hitch to it, and it will pull his four-wheeler. I need to take a picture of it!

4 comments:

  1. Greatly enjoyed seeing all of your pictures! The oven and wall look great! And the haircuts aren't bad either :) Glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Trey, not sure why it says unknown.

      Delete
  2. Great to catch up with all that is going on as you shelter in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne,
      It makes me so happy to see that you are reading my blog. :)

      Delete