Sunday, February 16, 2014

Does Your Den Look Like This?


On any given day either my den, or Leah's room, or Sam's room, or our upstairs hallway look just like this picture!  That tent is full of dolls and stuffed animals and all of their paraphernalia.  Leah and Sam really enjoy playing together, and they usually set up some elaborate play land--a pretend world that can last for days.  Until I have them clean it all up so I can vacuum, which is usually about once a week.

Sam has been sick for a couple of days.  He is coughing and running a fever. He really feels badly, and I have spent the last two days waiting on him, sitting with him, sleeping with him, and generally doing what I can to help him pass the time until he feels better.  About 2:00 this morning he asked me if I could take him to the doctor to get some medicine!  I explained that doctor's offices are not open in the middle of the night, but he insisted that doctors are always at work!  Yes.  But that's the ER, and this was not an emergency.  Bless his heart.

While sitting beside Sam and keeping him company and just generally trying to be sympathetic to his illness, I read Melanie Shankle's new book, The Antelope in the Living Room.  It was hilarious!  I laughed out loud in every chapter, and then Sam had me read aloud what I was laughing at….of course it was not funny to him!  I enjoyed reading it, and if Sam was not sick, I probably would not have taken the time to sit down and read it.

That's the wrap up of my weekend.

Oh, I exercised 6 days last week.  6!  I am finally getting back into the swing of working out.  Between running that marathon distance in the freezing cold and recovering from the flu, my attitude toward running and working out in general has been lackluster.  But I think I am on a roll!  I hope to run/do T25 6 days again this upcoming week too.

1 comment:

  1. First time commenting but I've enjoyed your blog for a while now. You are an inspiration and you keep me motivated with my faith walk. I love the idea of copying scripture.

    And Happy Birthday to Sam. Your decorations not looking like Pinterest makes me love them all the more. It's real.

    I'm happy to see you posting more often

    ReplyDelete