Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday

Olivia is home!

She got home about 10:20 last night.  Jimmy drove to the airport to pick her up, and we all stayed up watching Les Mis (the concert DVD, not the movie) and shelling pecans while waiting for them to arrive.  Speaking of pecans--we are almost through shelling them.  What a project!  Jimmy's dad brought us a very large box FULL of cracked pecans.  We will finish them today, and I should have enough pecan halves in my freezer to last me a year!

Today's plans include my weekly grocery shopping, wrapping some presents, keeping the laundry going, beginning our holiday baking and working a new Christmas puzzle.  It is 1000 pieces!  I set up a card table in my kitchen earlier this month just for puzzles.  Jimmy and the children have already worked two puzzles, but this new one will be the biggest challenge of all!

Olivia was sad that she has missed 12 days of Christmas, but I assured her that we would be celebrating in full force the entire time she is home.  As soon as she wakes up (and I'm sure I will be back from Kroger before she awakens) we will begin the holiday fun!

Here is my upcoming menu.  I tried to plan as healthy meals as possible since we are baking Christmas goodies.  I am sure there will be lots of sampling going on!

Friday: roasted new potatoes, broccoli, asparagus
green beans, bread

Saturday: lunch--enchilada bake, supper--quinoa salad,
oven fries, green salad

Sunday: rice and beans, salad

Monday: lentil and chickpea curry

Tuesday: pesto pasta, salad

Wednesday: Julie cooks


Thursday: skillet refried beans, taco fixings

A Running Update:
I have rested since last Satuday's marathon fiasco.  I am still unsure of my upcoming running plans, but I will begin something on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Olivia is home!!

    I hope you and your family have the most blessed holiday together. I have been so busy with all of our holiday events that I got behind on my blog reading. So happy to hear about all your plans and fun times!

    And I have never shelled a pecan...just thought they came that way...in the bag! Tee-Hee!

    ReplyDelete