Monday, November 19, 2018

The Thanksgiving Celebrations Countdown

Whew! Yesterday afternoon I typed my to-do list and timeline for this week. This is my first time ever to prepare the Thanksgiving meal all by myself and serve it at my own house! My mother is unable to host this year, so I am using all her traditional recipes and hosting my immediate family. There will be eight  of us for Thanksgiving lunch: Jimmy, Me, Clay, Leah, Sam, Julie, Big Sam, and Mae.  I plan to serve the meal on my fine china that I have used only once or twice in our 27 years of marriage.

Thursday night we plan to take our leftovers over to Kelly and Lynn's house to eat with them and watch the Egg Bowl on TV. Friday night we are having a Thanksgiving dinner at Russ (Jimmy's brother) and Megan's house, and on Saturday we are going to Rhett (my brother) and Amanda's house. Lots of fun and food ahead!

Here is the timeline: As I just read over it, I realized that I forgot to list actually buying the Christmas tree! We will buy it sometime Wednesday and decorate it Friday.
Oh. And we will do some school today and tomorrow, and we also have CrossFit and piano lessons today.

Monday:
  • clean upstairs
  • change Clay's sheets, guest sheets, and Julie's sheets
  • get out Christmas dishes
  • decorate for Christmas (after supper)
Tuesday
  • vacuum downstairs
  • clean guest bathroom
  • make dressing
  • make carrot salad
  • slice ham
  • freeze hambone
Wednesday:
  • grocery store early for last minute ingredients
  • make sweet potatoes
  • make corn/rice casserole
  • make orange delight
  • make green beans x 2
  • thaw dressing
  • make chocolate and pumpkin pies
  • clean my bathroom/bedroom
Thursday:
8:00 AM
  • bake turkey
  • vacuum downstairs
  • vacuum stairs
  • set table—wash and dry tablecloth on quick cycle to remove wrinkles
11:30AM
  • set out all casseroles
  • boil eggs
  • make gravy
  • prepare cranberry sauce
12:00PM
  • bake dressing
  • bake green beans
  • slice turkey
  • put ham and turkey on platter


12:30PM
  • bake sweet potatoes
  • bake corn/rice casserole
  • set out butter
12:45PM
  • bake rolls
12:55PM
  • set out orange delight
  • set out carrot salad
1:00PM—EAT
Friday
  • white chili in crock pot on high (for lunch)
  • brown ground beef for tomorrow
  • decorate Christmas tree (hot chocolate and popcorn!)
  • make banana pudding
  • make chocolate pies
  • make chocolate chip pound cake 
  • bake green beans one hour before going to Megan's.

Saturday
  • put 7 can soup in crock pot on low (for supper)
  • make strawberry spinach salad
  • take cake and salad
Happy Thanksgiving Week to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment