Thursday, October 28, 2021

Recipes, Groceries, Family, and Books

 I came to my blog to look up a couple of soup recipes (it is finally getting cooler here so I plan to cook soup a couple of times next week), and I decided to type up a post to say hello. :)

When I search for recipes on this blog I am always taken to "Menu Monday". This brings back so many fun memories. I remember doing that link up each Monday, and I always liked clicking on a couple of other random participants to see what they had planned to eat that week. I am still menu planning. Every. Single. Week. I haven't found it to get any easier! But once I get started it goes fairly quickly.  Most weeks I buy my groceries on Friday mornings. I do grocery pick up a lot, but sometimes I just want to go inside the store and look around. And sometimes (like tonight) I wait too long to make my list and I can't get a pick up time for the next morning. 

Speaking of grocery pick up. That is the greatest idea ever! It would have been life changing for me to have had the option of grocery pick up back when I was taking five children to the grocery store with me every week. I also always longed for a drive-through post office window. Actually, I would like that even now. It could sell stamps or take your package to be mailed and let you pay right there at the window without getting out of your car. 

***Family Update

Olivia and Brian are having a baby girl, due in December. So Jimmy and I will have three granddaughters. 

Clay and his girlfriend, Libby got engaged on October 1. They have set their wedding date for July 1.

The rest of us are doing well too. Leah and Sam are both taking some online college classes (dual enrollment for college/high school). They are also both running cross country. I have lost count of how many years I have had a child running XC. We have a state meet this Saturday. 

I have been reading a lot since the beginning of 2020. I read 50 books in 2020, and I am not sure how many I have read this year, but at last count I was over 30. Maybe I can devote some time to reviewing some of the books I have read. I am keeping track of them on a Trello board and also in a book journal. I am currently reading Small Pleasures by Claire Chambers and listening to Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher. The next book I plan to read is Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr. 

I also read many, many books to Mae and Bea--most of which I have memorized from reading to my children when they were little. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment