- Completely cleaned out and reorganized my schoolroom. I also rearranged some of the furniture. I cleaned out drawers and closets that I have not touched since we moved in over seven years ago. This job took me over 30 hours!
- Cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer.
- Cleaned out a cabinet area underneath my kitchen bookshelves. These cabinets held my overflow of cookbooks, office supplies, some Christmas dishes, pet supplies, and lots and lots of Sam's and Clay's miscellaneous stuff.
- Cleaned out the computer desk in the kitchen. I moved all of my office supplies and files to this desk.
- Created a charging center on the counter of the first cabinet I mentioned. This is a catch-all area for keys, change, phones, etc.
- Cleaned out my six filing drawers in the basement. I had a pile of papers at least a foot tall that needed filing, so while I was at it, I looked through and cleaned out every single file folder!
- I have already mentioned the following completed jobs, but I like to look at the entire list:
- Cleaned out Leah's room, including all of her drawers, shelves, and closet.
- Helped the girls clean out their bathroom. I also gave it a good scrubbing while I was in there.
- Cleaned out, rearranged and purged my children's bookshelves/desks upstairs. This unit covers an entire wall, and is divided into four sections. Sam was not born when we built this house, and this is one of a couple of things that I planned and had built for four children! Olivia is going to do her schoolwork at her black desk, so I had to clear a shelf for her schoolbooks.
If I am motivated to work some more tomorrow, I plan to unload the full clothes basket of stuff that I collected in my kitchen that belongs in the basement. I would also like to clean out a couple of my kitchen cabinets. Most of my kitchen is in pretty good order, but I do have some work in there. I feel like I am doing a lot of shuffling things around. The final resting place for many items is my storage room in my basement. This also serves as my crafting/sewing/gift wrapping area, so when I am all through with the rest of my house I will have to do a final clean up of this room so I can use it.
Our back to school date is August 20. If I can keep up my momentum, I think I can finish all of my summer list plus plan and organize my school material before that day.
How is your summer list going?
Are you doing major cleaning out/reorganizing at your house?
Are you ready for the new school year?